Free Thanksgiving-Themed Bingo Game: A Fun Twist on Your Holiday Gathering
Thanksgiving is a time to come together with family and friends, share delicious meals, and express gratitude for the blessings in our lives. But why not add a little extra fun to your Thanksgiving celebration this year? I’ve got just the thing for you – a Thanksgiving Bingo game printable that’s not only entertaining but also a great way to create lasting memories with your loved ones.
NOTE: AddALittleAdventure.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.Read the full disclosure policy here.
You can play this Thanksgiving bingo game at home with your family on family game night or on Thanksgiving day. You can also play this bingo game in the classroom as a fun Thanksgiving-themed activity. This is a fun Thanksgiving game for all ages.
Getting Started with Thanksgiving Bingo
Step1: Gather Supplies
To play Thanksgiving Bingo, you’ll need a few additional supplies:
- Bingo cards (You can download them below).
- Small items such as small candies or buttons to use as markers (I like to use candy corn as bingo markers for both this Thanksgiving bingo game and the Halloween bingo game)
- A bowl or hat to hold the calling cards
- A printer (so you can print out the printable cards in this fun bingo game)
Step 2: Set the Scene
Before you start this fun activity, create a cozy Thanksgiving atmosphere in your home. Decorate your space with fall colors, leaves, pumpkins, and other festive decorations. You can also play soft background music to enhance the ambiance.
There are plenty of free printables on this site that you can use to help decorate your space to be more festive. There are some free printable fall leaves outlines here.
You can get some free printable pumpkin outlines here. Both of these fall-themed outlines can be used in DIY decorations.
Step 3: Download and Print
The first step is to download our free printable Thanksgiving Bingo game. Enter your email address in the space below to get the call sheet, instructions, and four unique cards.
Then, check your inbox for an email containing a link to the free download PDF file. If you four is not enough cards and you need more bingo game cards because you have a large group, you can get an additional 23 bingo cards in the shop (for a total of 27).
Alternatively, you can split up in small groups and print multiple copies of the free printable Thanksgiving bingo cards and play that way. In this instance one person from each of the small groups will win at the same time (since the same four cards are being reused).
You can use cardstock like this to print the printable bingo cards on for durability so that you can easily reuse them year after year without printing out a new set.
Step 4: Distribute Cards and Markers
Give each player a Bingo card and a handful of markers (bingo chips, candies or buttons). Ensure everyone has different cards, as the cards have various Thanksgiving-themed items in different arrangements.
How to Play Thanksgiving Bingo
Thanksgiving Bingo is a simple and fun game that players of all ages can enjoy. I think that most people already know how to play this classic game of bingo, but in case you have never played, here’s how to play:
- One person acts as the Bingo caller and is responsible for drawing calling cards from the bowl or hat and announcing them to the players.
- As the caller draws a calling card and announces the item, players mark the corresponding item on their Bingo cards.
- Players can choose to mark the items with candies or buttons by placing them over the item or use some pennies or small ripped-up pieces of paper.
- The first player to complete a row (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) shouts “Bingo!” to win that round. (You can choose whatever word you want for winners to shout – “Turkey” is a fun one for this Thanksgiving bingo game.)
- Continue playing as many rounds as you like or until everyone has had their fill of Thanksgiving fun.
Ideas for Using Thanksgiving Bingo
Thanksgiving Bingo is a versatile game that can be used in various ways to enhance your holiday gathering:
- Family Tradition: Make Thanksgiving Bingo a yearly tradition in your family. Create a prize for the winner, like a small gift or a coveted slice of pie.
- Thanksgiving Dinner Entertainment: Play a few rounds of bingo before or after the Thanksgiving meal to keep everyone engaged and entertained with this fun Thanksgiving activity.
- Thanksgiving Bingo Scavenger Hunt: Turn Thanksgiving Bingo into a scavenger hunt by having players find real-life objects corresponding to the Bingo card items. For example, players can look for a turkey, a pumpkin, or a cornucopia in your Thanksgiving decor.
- Educational Thanksgiving Fun: You can use this Thanksgiving bingo game in the classroom as a fun Thanksgiving-themed activity. Thanksgiving Bingo can be a fun and educational activity for little kids. It helps kids learn about various Thanksgiving-related items and symbols.
- Bingo Prizes: Consider offering small prizes to the winners of each round, such as Thanksgiving-themed trinkets, homemade cookies, or even a “Golden Turkey Trophy.” I like to use these free printable Thanksgiving candy bar wrappers to wrap over Hershey’s bars and give them as prizes for the Thanksgiving bingo game.
Other Thanksgiving Games & Activities
In addition to this game of Thanksgiving bingo, you can get some other Thanksgiving printable games in the shop here. This is a bundle of 18 different games that will provide so much fun and entertainment for your whole family on Thanksgiving day or for your family leading up to the Thanksgiving holiday.
You can get some free printable Thanksgiving coloring pages here to keep the kids entertained while you are preparing dinner. There is also a free printable Thanksgiving placemat here that serves the same purpose and is the perfect way to keep kids busy and entertained. The kids will have a great time while they are waiting for dinner to be ready.
There are plenty of other Thanksgiving printables you can get to enhance your Thanksgiving holiday. You can see all of the Thanksgiving printables here.
Thanksgiving Bingo is a great game to add a lighthearted and interactive element to your holiday celebration. It’s not just about winning; it’s about spending quality time with loved ones and creating memorable moments everyone will cherish. So, why not download our this free printable game and make it a part of your holiday tradition this year? It’s a simple, low-cost, and delightful activity that can bring joy to your Thanksgiving gathering. Wishing you a happy and fun-filled Thanksgiving!
Please note these printables are for personal use only. You do not have permission to sell them for profit or claim them as your own design.
If you like this post, pin it :