Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to gather with family and friends to celebrate and give thanks for all the blessings in our lives. While the delicious feast is undoubtedly a highlight, you can make this holiday even more memorable by adding some fun Thanksgiving games to the mix. One fantastic way to do that is with a Thanksgiving game of charades.
NOTE: AddALittleAdventure.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.Read the full disclosure policy here.
Charades is a classic game that involves acting out words or phrases without speaking while others guess what you’re trying to convey. It is a fun game for the whole family to play on Thanksgiving day. This game includes a collection of Thanksgiving charade words that is perfect for any Thanksgiving party or celebration.
It’s a fun way to break the ice, bring people together, and create lasting memories. To make it even more special for your Thanksgiving gathering, I’ve created a free printable Thanksgiving charades game for you to enjoy!
How to Play Thanksgiving Charades
Before we get to the free printable game, let’s go over the rules and how to play Thanksgiving charades:
- The Thanksgiving Charades game cards (which you can download for free below).
- A hat, bowl, or container to hold the cards.
- A timer or stopwatch.
- Enthusiastic participants ready for a fun time!
- Download and print the Thanksgiving Charades game cards. You can download them below.
- Cut the Thanksgiving charades cards into individual strips. There are 18 Thanksgiving-themed words or phrases to act out. There is also a sheet included with blank cards that you can fill in with your own Thanksgiving charade ideas.
- Fold the strips and place them in the hat or container.
- Gather your friends and family members and divide players into two teams (or more if you have a large group).
- Decide on a set time limit for each turn (usually 1-2 minutes), and designate a timer.
- The first team selects a team member to start the game. This player draws a Thanksgiving word or phrase from the container and acts it out without speaking while the rest of the team members try to guess what it is. If the team guesses correctly within the time limit, they earn a point.
- It’s the opposing team’s turn to play, and the game continues until all the cards have been used or until you decide it’s time to wrap up.
- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins and can claim the title of the ultimate Thanksgiving charades champions!
Download the Free Printable Thanksgiving Charades Game
Ready to get started? You can download your free printable Thanksgiving Charades game cards by entering your email address in the space provided below. Then check your inbox for an email containing an instant download link to the printable PDF file of this fun Thanksgiving game. Next, print them out, and you’re ready to go!
Thanksgiving Charades Tips
To make your Thanksgiving charades game even more entertaining, consider these tips:
- Encourage creativity and silliness. The funnier the actions, the more laughs you’ll share.
- Capture the moments on camera. Thanksgiving charades can lead to some hilarious moments that you’ll want to remember.
- Award a prize to the winning team. It could be a small token of appreciation or bragging rights until next year’s Thanksgiving gathering. You can see some prize ideas below.
Thanksgiving Charades Prize Ideas
You can download these free printable Thanksgiving candy bar wrappers and wrap them over chocolate bars to give to the winning team as prizes.
Another cute idea is to give the winning team a turkey trophy like this one. You can have them return it each year and have the teams vie for it yearly. The winning team gets to keep the trophy until the following year. This can easily become one of your Thanksgiving traditions that everyone looks forward to.
Other Fun Thanksgiving Activities
In addition to this game of Thanksgiving charades, there are plenty of other fun Thanksgiving activities that you can get on this site. Some are free Thanksgiving activities and others are in the shop.
You can get this free printable Thanksgiving memory game. This is the perfect game to keep younger kids entertained while they are waiting for Thanksgiving dinner. This printable Thanksgiving game is also great for adults and older kids to test their memory skills. It will be the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving celebration.
There is a free printable Thanksgiving Bingo game here. You can get four free bingo cards with the free version of this game. If you need more, there is a Thanksgiving bingo game in the shop that you can get here.
Another fun activity to keep kids entertained is this free printable Thanksgiving word scramble. Word scrambles can be great activities for everyone. You can make a game of it and see who can unscramble all of the words first.
There are some free printable Thanksgiving coloring pages here. Coloring is always lots of fun for kids leading up the holiday to get them into the holiday spirit.
My favorite is this bundle of Thanksgiving games & activities in the shop. There are 18 different holiday games and activities in this bundle that are sure to provide good times at your Thanksgiving celebrations.
Other Thanksgiving Printables
There are plenty of other Thanksgiving printables that you can get to use for DIY Thanksgiving decorations and more. You can see all of the Thanksgiving printables here.
Other Charades Games
There are some other free printable charades games that you can get for the holidays and occasions.
First, there is a free printable Halloween charades game here.
There is a free printable New Years charades game here.
You can get a free printable baby shower charades game here.
Add a dash of fun and laughter to your celebration this Thanksgiving with our free printable Thanksgiving Charades game. It’s a great way to connect with loved ones and make the holiday even more memorable. So, gather your friends and family, and get ready to act out some turkey-day fun!
Please note these printables are for personal use only. You do not have permission to sell them for profit or claim them as your own design.
If you like this post, pin it :