Yes, it is that time of year again! It’s time to Spring clean. If you are like me, you want an organized list to work from. One where you know what you are going to be cleaning each day. That is where this spring cleaning checklist printable comes in. You can follow the list below that lays out everything in the checklist or get the printable checklist to check things off as you do them. This provides momentum and motivation to complete all of your spring cleaning tasks.
If you just need a daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule, you can get a free cleaning schedule for working moms here. This is a one page schedule and not nearly as comprehensive as the spring cleaning checklist printable.
Spring Cleaning Checklist Room by Room
Below you will find the checklist organized room by room. This is the easiest way I have found to complete spring cleaning. There is also a whole house checklist that applies to all areas. Of course, some of these checklists may not apply to your home. Others may have different items that are specific to your home or not applicable. Adjust them as needed for your particular situation. So let’s get started!
1. Clean out and organize the entry closet.
2. Wipe down furniture.
3. Clean doors/doorway tracks
4. Scrub porch ceiling, floors, and walls.
5. Scrub and reseal any tile grout.
6. Clean the doormat and launder the interior floor rugs.
7. Organize shoes.
8. Hang jackets.
9. Store away winter coats, gloves, and other outerwear for the season.
10. Clean the banister.
1. Clean out the refrigerator and freezer.
2. Wipe down the top of the refrigerator.
3. Clean behind the refrigerator.
4. Clean oven and oven vent.
5. Clean the microwave.
6. Remove and clean stove burners and knobs.
7. Clean the dishwasher.
8. Clean out and wipe down drawers and cupboards.
9. Discard old spices.
10. Clean counters.
11. Clean out and organize the pantry.
12. Wash kitchen cabinets.
13. Scrub surfaces, sink and clean under the sink.
14. Clean other appliances.
15. Wipe down backsplash.
16. Replace towels hanging on the stove.
17. Replace old sponges.
18. Wash potholders.
19. Wash curtains.
20. Scrub drying racks.
21. Organize cleaning supplies.
1. Wash rugs/shower curtain.
2. Scrub tub, shower, and toilet.
3. Replace shower liner.
4. Wash and disinfect the trash bin.
5. Wash counters.
6. Wash mirrors and vanity.
7. Clean sink.
8. Clean and maintain drains.
9. Clean soap dispenser/toothbrush holder.
10. Wipe down and organize all cabinets and drawers.
11. Discard expired/unused products and items.
12. Wash decorative towels.
13. Scrub walls and floors.
14. Scrub and reseal tile grout.
15. Replace old towels, wash rags, and loofahs.
16. Restock paper products.
17. Organize cleaning supplies.
1. Change sheets/flip mattress.
2. Vacuum mattress.
3. Change filters in air vents.
4. Dust all flat surfaces.
5. Wash sheets, blankets, and pillows.
6. Vacuum/dust curtains and rods.
7. Wash rugs/curtains/blinds.
8. Dust picture frames, wall hangings, and mirrors.
9. Dust decorative pieces.
10. Clean out and organize closets and dressers.
11. Remove unwanted clothes and other items.
12. Wipe down tops of dressers and stands.
13. Organize nightstands.
14. Clean and disinfect knobs and light switches.
15. Wipe down/deep clean furniture.
16. Clean lamps.
17. Vacuum under the bed.
18. Organize/get rid of clutter.
1. Dust and wipe down shelves and furniture.
2. Dust and wipe down mirrors, frames, and decorative pieces.
3. Clean upholstered furniture/cushions.
4. Clean underneath couches and furniture.
5. Wash pillows and blankets.
6. Clean the fireplace and get the chimney serviced.
7. Polish furniture.
8. Dust and wipe down electronics.
9. Clean and disinfect remote controls.
10. Remove all clutter.
1. Wash table linens.
2. Wash curtains.
3. Replace old table cloths and cloth napkins.
4. Wipe down table and chairs.
5. Clean upholstered furniture/cushions.
6. Wipe down cabinets.
7. Change filters in air vents.
8. Remove all clutter.
1. Clean and organize drawers and desks.
2. Throw away old files.
3. Recycle paperwork.
4. Dust and wipe down keyboards and screens.
5. Dust and wipe down electronics.
6. Sanitize keyboard, mouse, and other frequently touched surfaces.
7. Dust and wipe down bookshelves and furniture.
8. Vacuum/clean upholstered furniture/cushions.
9. Wash curtains.
1. Wipe down exterior surfaces of the washer and dryer.
2. Clean the dryer lint trap and vent.
3. Clean the interior of the washing machine.
4. Wipe down shelves and cabinets.
5. Discard old products.
1. Declutter and reorganize storage bins.
2. Organize toys and outdoor equipment.
3. Organize and donate unused items.
4. Wipe down all shelves.
5. Sweep the entire area.
6. Reorganize tools.
7. Remove unnecessary or unused items.
8. Clean garage door opener.
9. Clean interior and exterior of garage door and frame.
1. Sanitize plastic toys with soap and water.
2. Wash stuffed animals and soft toys.
3. Donate unused toys.
4. Organize toys and play areas.
5. Sanitize hard surfaces.
6. Dust and wipe down shelves and drawers.
7. Vacuum underneath tables.
8. Wash rugs or carpets.
9. Organize/remove clutter.
1. Clean baseboard and walls.
2. Touch up paint on walls.
3. Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors.
4. Spackle and holes.
5. Spot clean carpets.
6. Check and discard expired products in the emergency kit.
7. Clean light fixtures and fan blades.
8. Clean and disinfect light switches.
9. Replace bulbs if needed.
10. Wipe down doors and disinfect knobs.
11. Clean windows, blinds, and sills.
12. Clean window tracks.
13. Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
14. Check the expiration date of the fire extinguisher.
15. Sweep front porch and back deck.
16. Wash outside windows.
17. Vacuum vent covers.
18. Change furnace filters.
19. Check the roof for damage or repair.
Download the Spring Cleaning List Printable
You can use the above checklist, but if you want a printable version of this checklist to print out and check off the items as you go. The printable version contains the above list plus a blank checklist for any rooms in your home that you want to add to your checklist.
There is also a blank cleaning schedule for you to fill in to schedule all of the items in the checklist to make sure they get done.
You can get the Spring Cleaning Checklist Printable here.
If you like this post, pin it :